Tuesday, April 23, 2013

38 weeks!

How Far Along?: 38 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: +25.5lbs
Maternity clothes: Still lots of maxi skirts.  The bands on my maternity pants put too much pressure on my stomach.  
Stretch Marks: Nope.  The doctor actually told me I have great skin.  What a relief!
Sleep:  Not too bad.  Initially I am very uncomfortable but I seem to settle in after an hour or so.
Best Moment This Week: Another doctor agreed this week that she would be "shocked" if I actually made it to my due date.  I'm already 1/3 of the way there in terms of being dilated.  Woo hoo!  She said my labor will be easy.  I'll believe that when I see it.
Miss Anything:  Sipping an adult beverage in the sun maybe.  
Movement:  She is still surprisingly very active.  The doctor said babies tend to slow down late in the 3rd trimester due to a lack of amniotic fluid.  More movement is just a sign of increased fluid which she also stressed was a very good thing.  Let's hope so.
Food Cravings: Fruit.  Anything fresh really.
Anything making you queasy or sick:  My protein bars in the morning have made me a little queasy lately.  They're starting to taste like chalk :(
Gender: Girl!
Labor Signs:  Increased pressure and more frequent BH contractions.
Belly Button: I can see it through my shirts now so I guess that's out?
Wedding Rings on or off: On with some minor swelling when I walk a lot.
Happy or Moody: Moody.  I'm just anxious to meet her but she seems to be on her own schedule :)
Looking forward to: D Day!

No comments: